A small addition: All our servers are powered by green electricity and thus make a small contribution to the preservation of Mother Nature :-).
This privacy statement explains you, as a customer, user, merchant, business and company (sole proprietorships, partnerships, legal entities), the nature, scope and purpose of Findeling’s collection and use of our personal information on this site.
The legal basis of data protection can be found in the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) and the Telemedia Act (TMG).
For questions and requests for deletion, correction or blocking of personal data as well as collection, processing and use, you are welcome to contact the following address: Findeling GmbH, Florian Schneider & Katharina Walter, Stresemannstraße 375, 22761 Hamburg | +49 (0) 40 696 352 880 | email@example.com.
Privacy pattern largely by lawyer Thomas Schwenke – I LAW it
Access Data / Server Log Files
We (or our web space provider) collect data about every access to the offer (so-called server log files). Access data includes:
- Name of the retrieved web page
- Date and time of retrieval
- transferred amount of data
- Message about successful retrieval
- Browser type and version
- your operating system
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page)
- IP address
- requesting provider
- Search term (product, product group, brand, etc.)
- Results found (issued transactions)
We use the log data only for statistical evaluations for the purpose of operation, safety and optimization of the offer. However, we reserve the right to retrospectively check the log data if, on the basis of concrete evidence, the legitimate suspicion of unlawful use exists.
We also use your personal information for the purpose of advertising our own offers, insofar as this is permitted under Art. 6, para. 1 (f) DSGVO. You may object to such use of your personal information at any time, with future effect, by e-mail to the above e-mail address.
Handling of Personal Data
Personal data is information that can be used to determine a person, ie information that can be traced back to a person. This includes the name, email address or phone number. But also data about preferences, hobbies, memberships or which websites were viewed by someone belong to personal data. Personal data will only be collected, used and passed on by the provider if this is permitted by law or if you consent to the collection of data.
What information do we collect?
If you visit our platform and / or use or contact us, we may collect the following information:
- Personal information that you provide to us when you create an account, sign up to receive e-mails, newsletters and notices and provide us with our services. This includes any information that you enter on our blog and that is included in your comments there, reviews (eg AppStore) or survey responses.
- If you use our online payment facility (only relevant for registered businesses), we may save your credit and debit card details (either ourselves or through our payment service provider). The storage is always on a secure encrypted basis
- When you communicate with us (eg through the Platform, Email, Phone, SMS or Social Media), we will record the circumstance that you have contacted us and saved the content of your communication along with your contact details and responses. These customer communications are recorded and used eg for training, storage and quality management purposes. You will be asked before recording if you agree to the recording.
It is important that all personally identifiable information you provide us when registering as a user, business or otherwise using the Platform is accurate and up to date. For example, this means ensuring that you have your correct contact information (including e-mail address) at all times.
Protection of your personal information
The transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we can not guarantee the security of any information submitted to our platform. Each transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict security measures and procedures with respect to that information.
How do we use your personal information?
In general, we use personally identifiable information to provide you with the information you request, to process payments, to provide customer service, to display content and advertising that we believe may be of interest to you in marketing and promotional emails send and inform you about important changes to our platform.
We also use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill a contract or to carry out measures in connection with a contract. This is important if you use a service from Findeling. This includes:
○ The sending of information, such as new Findeling services or special offers, which we or our algorithm consider relevant on the basis of your information (eg shopping events in your city, information from shops or new openings) by e-mail, SMS and push -Notification and by the display of advertising on third-party websites (as far as no consent is required, for example, advertisements to existing customers and non-targeted advertising)
○ Facilitating the use of our platform
○ Answering your questions and concerns
○ Manage your account
- To the extent that Findeling is required to conduct our business and to protect our legitimate interests, in particular:
○ To ensure the security of the platform and our systems and to prevent fraud, security incidents and criminal offenses
○ To check compliance with our terms and conditions, and to justify, exercise or defend legal claims
○ To conduct internal research and analysis so that we can see how our platform, our products and services are used to investigate and respond to questions or complaints from you or others, and to find out how our business is developing
○ To collect and publish reviews of the products or services offered by our partners and to use them for advertising campaigns
- As far as you have consented to the processing of your data:
○ To carry out market research and consumer surveys
○ To share your personal information with our partners and other select third parties, such as fashion, interior, children and lifestyle brands and / or businesses, so that they can send you information about their products and services in their own name, or we can send you To send information about contests, surveys, and promotional partner promotional offers via email and as a push notification via the app
○ In other cases where we ask for your consent, we will process the data for the purposes outlined in this framework.
- For legal purposes:
○ To respond to requests from the government or law enforcement agencies conducting an investigation.
○ To meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements
Revocation of consent and other opposition to direct marketing
Whenever we rely on your consent, you may revoke it at any time, although we may have other legal basis for processing your data for other purposes, such as those mentioned above. In certain cases, we may operate direct marketing without your consent on the basis of our legitimate interests. You have an unrestricted right to anytime opposition to direct marketing. You can exercise this right by following the instructions in the communication, if it is an electronic message, or by notifying us through the contact information listed below.
- If you wish to unsubscribe from any messages Findeling sends to you, you can do so by clicking the „Unsubscribe“ or „Unsubscribe“ or „Change E-mail Settings“ button at the bottom of the e-mail or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. contacting. In the case of e-mail marketing, removing your e-mail address from our system can take up to 36 business hours
- If you would like to unsubscribe from messages sent by partners and other third parties, please contact the Partner or the third party directly. If you need our help with our partners in this case, we like to do what we can
- If you no longer want to receive push notifications through the app, you can revoke the permission for the app in your phone’s operating system settings
Transfer of personal information to third parties
We take the safety of your personal information and the way we process it very seriously. Under no circumstances will we sell your personal information.
However, we may share your personal information with selected third parties.
- If you place an order or otherwise contact Findeling through a website or app that operates on behalf of a third party, your contact details and order details will be shared with the appropriate third party. If you give consent to a third party, they may also send you marketing communications.
- To third parties who perform on our behalf tasks related to the platform or otherwise related to Findeling’s services (eg credit card processing, website hosting, surveys and market research, provision of social media analytics, provision of marketing services). E-mail services, data analysis tools and customer service communications management).
- Third Party Brands with whom we collaborate on products, services, competitions and campaigns.
- To other third parties, to facilitate our business operations and to improve our products, content, services, or promotional activities, such as by sending e-mail or posting reviews of our products and services or that of our affiliates.
- When we buy, sell or transfer a company or parts of companies or go bankrupt or are subject to receivership. If this is the case, we may need to disclose your personal information to the seller or buyer
Please note: By publishing personal information on publicly available areas of our platform (eg as a profile and posts business and as a user on the blog), this information may be collected by third parties over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the use of such information by such third parties.
Please take all due care and consideration before disclosing personal information, especially those that can be used to identify yourself (such as your name, age, address or employer’s name) in publicly accessible areas.
Your rights regarding your personal information
You may assert the following rights with respect to the personal information we hold about you:
- The right to a copy of your personal information
- The right to correct, delete or restrict the processing of your personal information
- The right to receive, in a structured and machine-readable form, your personal information provided to us under a contract or consent, and the right to transfer such information to another organization upon your request.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain cases (in particular, if the processing of the data is not required to fulfill a contractual or legal obligation or if we use the data for direct marketing).
First and foremost, you will be able to view or change the information you have provided to us by logging into your online account.
Your rights to your personal information are sometimes limited. This may be the case if, for example, the fulfillment of your request would entail the disclosure of another person’s personal information if we have a legal obligation or compelling legitimate reason to retain the information you requested us to delete to process.
If you feel that your personal information has been misused, you may also have the right to file a complaint. We ask you to contact us first in these cases; However, as far as you have the right to complain, you are also entitled to apply directly to the competent supervisory authority of the state of Hamburg.
If you would like to exercise one of the above rights, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note, however, that we do not provide financial information without prior verification of your identity.
Where we store your personal information
The data we collect from you may be transmitted to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This includes transmission for the purpose of processing such data by selected third parties to facilitate Findeling’s business. In countries outside the EEA, there may be no laws that provide the same level of protection for your personal information as the laws within the EEA. If this is the case, we will take reasonable precautions to ensure that such transfers comply with applicable privacy laws.
When contacting us or our support (for example via contact form or e-mail), your request will be stored for the purpose of processing the request as well as in case of follow-up questions.
You can subscribe to the follow-up comments on the Findeling-blog (https://www.findeling.de/blog). You will receive a confirmation email to verify that you are the owner of the entered email address. You can unsubscribe from ongoing comment subscriptions at any time. The confirmation email will contain notices.
With the newsletter we inform you about us and our offers. If you would like to receive the newsletter, we need a valid email address from you, as well as information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the specified email address or that the owner agrees to receive the newsletter. Further data is not collected. These data are used only for the distribution of the newsletter and will not be given to third parties. After entering the data you will receive an e-mail with a confirmation link, which must be clicked to receive the newsletter (double-opt-in). By registering for the newsletter, we store your IP address and the date of registration. The sole purpose of this storage is to prove that a third party misuses an e-mail address and registers for newsletter reception without the knowledge of the person entitled. You can revoke your consent to the storage of the data, the e-mail address and their use for sending the newsletter at any time. Your revocation can be made via a link in the newsletter itself or by notification to the above contact options.
Integration of Services and Contents of Third Parties
It may happen that content from third parties, such as videos from YouTube, maps from Google Maps, RSS feeds or graphics from other websites are included in this online offer. This always assumes that the providers of this content (hereinafter referred to as „third party“) perceive your IP address. Because without the IP address, they could not send the content to the browser of you. The IP address is therefore required for the presentation of this content. We endeavor to use only content whose respective providers use the IP address only for the delivery of the content. However, we have no influence on it, if the third party providers store the IP address eg for statistical purposes. As far as we know it, we’ll explain it to you.
What about other websites that are linked to our platform?
We are not responsible for the content of websites linked to or from our platform, nor for the information or content contained therein. Often, links to other websites are offered merely as an indication of information about topics that may be of interest to you as a user of our platform.
Social media and user-generated content
Some of our platforms allow you to set your own content. Please remember that all content submitted to one of our platforms can be viewed by the public. You should only deliberately provide certain personal information, such as financial information or address information, through these platforms. We are not responsible for any other person’s actions when posting personal information on any of our social media platforms, such as Facebook or Instagram. Please also note the privacy and cookie policies of the social media platforms you use.
Storage of your data with third parties
What are cookies?
- Targeted advertising or promotional purposes
These technologies memorize the websites you visit, and this information is shared with other parties, such as advertisers. If we use third parties for advertising and targeting purposes, we may disclose:
- Personally identifiable information, such as email address and search keywords.
- General, aggregated or anonymized data about your visits and the use of our platform; or
- Information in a pseudonymised form, such as a browser cookie ID / code or cryptographic hash of your email address, to help us customize and display our ads for you on other services. This ID or code will be compared to your corresponding unique code generated by our affiliates to tailor the ads to you.
The third party companies we use for targeting and promotional purposes have their own privacy policies, which you should read in detail.
Google targeting. These cookies are set by Google. These cookies allow Google to associate the interests of visitors with a profile and to ensure that relevant Findeling advertising reaches you on third-party websites while searching. These cookies can also be used to store user preferences and to verify Google user accounts.
How do we use information we collect from tracking technologies?
See „How do we use your personal information?“ Above.
What can I do to change my cookie settings?
Here are a few ways to manage your cookie settings online. Please also note the privacy and cookie policies of each third party provider for more information.
- Most browsers and devices allow you to remove tracking technologies and / or block new tracking technologies. To turn off tracking technologies, check your browser’s Help menu or visit your device settings. Please note, however, that (a) this may not be effective for all tracking technologies and (b) disabling tracking technologies may limit your use of the Sites and / or delay or interfere with their operation.
- AdChoices is a self-regulatory program that encourages online advertising platforms to include an advertising option icon on any ad or website that collects data and uses it for behavioral advertising. Find out more here: https://youradchoices.com/control.
- Use your mobile device settings to configure your advertising preferences.
- Visit Your Online Choices here to unsubscribe from various interest-based promotions www.youronlinechoices.com/en/ .
- Hotjar: You can opt-out of collecting data from Hotjar at any time: www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out .
- Facebook ads: Ads based on interests and / or your relationship with specific advertisers can be disabled in the ad settings and control how Facebook uses your data. For more information, visit the various Facebook pages where you can find out more about Facebook ads and cookies and update your settings:
If your interest preferences on Facebook are targeted to a (pre-defined by Facebook) audience segment that our company is also connected to, you can continue to see our non-targeted ads while you’re online, even if you’re opposed to receiving our e-mail. Marketing communications on the methods described above under the section „Withdrawal of consent and other opposition to direct marketing“. We do not control if you see these ads.
Registration of Users
The data entered by you as a user during registration will be used for the purpose of using the offer. It is also possible for you to use the service of Findeling without registration. You may be notified by email about bid or registration-related information, such as changes in the scope of the offer or technical circumstances. The data collected can be seen from the input mask as part of the registration or further entries in the personal profile. These include (partially optional)
- E-mail address
- Facebook username (via facebook login)
for the purpose of
- Further development of Findeling’s offer
- Statistical evaluation
- Targeted Marketing (targeted marketing)
We do not store any clear names, address data, demographic data or similar.
Registration of Shop Owners/Dealers
The data entered by you as a dealer is used for the purpose of using the offer. You may be notified by email about bid or registration-related information, such as changes in the scope of the offer or technical circumstances. The collected data are visible to you from the input mask as part of the registration or later clicking on the button „become a dealer“, or further entries in the profile. These include (partially optional)
○ contact information
■ E-mail address
■ Telephone number
○ Social Media Profiles
○ Link to the website and / or online shop
○ opening times
○ Guided product groups
○ Guided brands
for the purpose of:
- Offer and further develop the offer of Findeling
- Statistical evaluations
- Targeted Marketing
- Community building
Contract and Payment Data - Merchant
In connection with the initiation, conclusion, settlement and rescission of a purchase contract by you as a dealer on the basis of the respective terms and conditions, we collect, store and process data. This happens within the legal regulations. We do not disclose any personal data from you to third parties, unless we are legally obliged to do so or you have expressly consented beforehand. If a third party is used for services in connection with the processing of processing, the provisions of the Federal Data Protection Act are complied with. The data provided by you in the course of the order (choice of subscription) will only be processed to establish contact within the scope of the contract and only for the purpose for which the customer provided the data. The payment details are encrypted and forwarded to the payment institution. Insofar as we have storage periods of commercial or tax nature, the storage of some data may take up to ten years.
In addition to the data listed at 10th Registration Function Merchant, the following information is collected when booking a pricing model
- Date of booking
- Selected pricing model
- Payment data
○ Account holder
○ BIC (credit institution)
○ Paypal account (saved and processed by Paypal)
○ Credit card data (stored and processed by STRIPE)
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. („Google“). Google Analytics uses so-called „cookies“, text files that are stored on your computer and allow an analysis of the use of the website by them. The information generated by the cookie about the use of this website by you is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymization is enabled on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google beforehand within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. IP anonymization is active on this website. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate the use of the website by users and merchants, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website and internet usage to the website operator. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting their browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to use all features of this website in full. In addition, you can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading the browser plug-in available under the following link and install:
http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en . As an alternative to the browser add-on or within browsers on mobile devices, please click this link to prevent the collection by Google Analytics within this website in the future. An opt-out cookie is stored on your device. If you delete your cookies, then you have to click this link again.
Use of Facebook Social Plugins
http://www.google.com/intl/de/+1/button / .
Jetpack / WordPress.com stats
Revocation, Changes, Corrections and Updates
You have the right, upon request, to obtain free information about the personal data that has been stored about you. In addition, you have the right to correct incorrect data, blockage, restriction, opposition and deletion of your personal data, as well as the right to data portability, as far as there is no legal duty to protect.